Sometimes it’s easy to forget about the areas of your home you don’t see everyday, but that’s exactly when problems arise. Stay ahead of repairs by regularly inspecting them to avoid worse problems later.
The roof and gutters on your rental property can be easily neglected, but with a little proactive maintenance you can protect your rental and avoid costly repairs.
Maintenance Tips for Roof and Gutters
- Replace curling, buckling or cracking shingles
- Ensure no gaps in the flashing around skylights, vent pipes and chimneys
- Seal all seams and joints properly, and block small entry holes used by pests
- Ensure gutters are secured and sloped correctly for proper drainage to prevent standing water
- Clean gutters and downspouts to prevent leakage and back-up
- Clear debris from roofline valleys and other build-up areas
- Trim branches near or overhanging the roof
NOW is a great time to inspect your roof and rain gutters on your rental property in preparation for the summer rainy season. Real Property Management Rental Direction can assist you in evaluating your roof to avoid problems so that you aren’t left with a major repair in the fall.